CMT thoroughly researched the shortcomings of "standard" dado sets and learned what cabinetmakers required most from an "ideal" dado. The result was the precision dado, designed with the following features:
- Anti-kickback design to reduce the possibility of overfeeding that can occur when cutting mass material.
- Splinter resistant cuts in veneer plywood, melamine and soft and hardwood.
- Four two-tooth chippers measuring 3,2mm (1/8") to keep the cut flat and virtually free from tear out.
- One two-tooth chipper measuring 1,6mm (1/16") to keep the cut flat and virtually free from tear out.
- Shim sets included for cuts between 6,35mm (1/4") & 20,63mm (13/16").
- Ideal for underpowered saws.
Safety precautions: always use both outside blades. Carbide teeth should never come into contact with each other.
Drawing refers to inside blades.
L = Left blade.
R = Right blade